Incredible Tropical Ice Cream
- It’s raw, vegan, easy-peasy, and it’s going to make you close your eyes and picture yourself on the beach of a tropical island in the Bahamas.. ooooohhhh yes you know you want it. Well here it is. Incredibly Tropical Ice Cream!!
What’s in it??
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks (you can buy these in bags at the Supermarket, or if mangoes are in season, just do your own and freeze them)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (once again you can get this usually in the asian section of your supermarket)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
Just throw everything into your blender (I am currently using the Vitamix and the Froothie – both incredible machines) and keep pushing the mix into the blades until you have a gorgeous and smooth soft-serve. A tip to keeping it super stiff is to freeze the coconut milk in advance, in ice cube trays, and use that as your coconut milk portion..
I sincerely hope you love this recipe.. You can also swap out the mango for pineapple, which will give you one of my favourite flavours – the Pina Colada!!
- Mel’s Raw Vegan Choc Tarts
Recipe by Mel Haley
- 10 medjool dates
- 1c almond meal
- 1 1/2c shredded coconut
- 2T maple syrup (optional)
- 2T cacao powder
- 2T chia seeds (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
Blend all together in a food processor until well combined and a fine crumbly texture and when you pinch some together it sticks
Press into tartlet tray and place into freezer while making filling
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2T cacao powder
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1T maple syrup
- 1/2T water
Blend until well,until combined and smooth
Pop out tart cases and fill with mousse top with raspberries …. Can top also with blueberries, cacao nibs, strawberries, orange zest, chilli flakes 🙂
This receipe can also be made into one large tart…. We had left over mousse which we had for brekkie (because you can)
Raw Chocolate Mousse Tarts
Raw Desserts Recipe by Jade Ogden of www.makeyourlifeamazing.com.au
Tart shell ingredients:
1 cup raw hazelnuts
1 cup medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 5 mins & seed removed
1Tbs cacao powder
1tsp coconut oil
Pinch Himalayan salt
Mousse filling ingredients:
2 avocados, skin & seed removed
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/8 cup organic natural maple syrup (can also use raw honey or coconut syrup)
½ tsp natural vanilla extract
1tsp almond milk
Pinch Himalayan salt
1. Add all tart shell ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture is fine but still crumbly. It should hold together when pressed but still be able to easily break apart.
2. Press mixture into small tart cases (or lined muffin tray) and place in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
3. Add all mouse filling ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until all combined & silky smooth. Taste the mixture (this part is mandatory!) and add a little more cacao or maple syrup if you think it needs it – I won’t tell anyone 😉
4. Remove tart shells from freezer, carefully pop out of their cases & place a tablespoon of the mousse mixture into each. Top with cacao nibs, coconut or goji berries, then serve and enjoy!
Makes approx 5-6 small tarts.
Protein Packed Choccy Ice Cream
Recipe by Raw Skinny
This is by far one of the simplest raw desserts, and one of the family’s ‘soon to be’ favourites!
- 2 frozen bananas (peel, cut each into about 6 pieces and freeze)
- 1 heaped Tbsp Sun Warrior Raw CHOCOLATE Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded (organic if possible) coconut
- pinch stevia powder
- 1/2 Tbsp maca powder (optional but sooo good)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (totally optional)
Put all ingredients into your Vitamix or high powered blender and keep pushing into the blades until it’s smooth and creammmmmy… OMG the first time I made this, I nearly weed myself with excitement. It is truly DELICIOUS!!!! Add a little more stevia if you like a super sweet version. For those who don’t – leave it out. I really like this brand of protein powder, and you can get it at most online health food shops. Soooo good! I always buy chocolate flavour, as I find the others a bit ‘wierd’ tasting.
This will present more like a soft serve – and the above makes a huge amount, but I must warn you – you will want to eat the ENTIRE DARNED THING!!! I always eat the full recipe above to myself…
It’s packed with B6, folate, protein, casein, and antioxidants, but of course has no processed rubbish such as sugar, and is dairy free. Try it today!!! Leave a comment and let me know what you think..